Thursday, March 12, 2015

In Love With God - lesson 8

In Love With God - lesson 8

The only thing that I want for this semester 
is for us to be in love with and on fire for God

     Then I noticed from the appearance of His loins and upward something like glowing metal that looked like fire all around within it, and from the appearance of His loins downward I saw something like fire; and there was a radiance around Him. As the appearance of the rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the surrounding radiance. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I say it, I fell on my face and a loud voice was speaking. - Ezekiel 1:27-28

     Then He said to me, “Son of man, stand on your feet that I may speak with you!” And as He spoke to me the Spirit entered me and set me on my feet; and I heard Him speaking to me. - Ezekiel 2:1-2


     Something about the words of Jesus command, “Son of man, stand on your feet that I may speak with you,” is very striking. Something about it reinvigorates me and makes me suddenly aware that God will make a true man out of me. A man who must stand up in order to take action even if that action is simply to listen to the voice of God. 
         Jesus says stand up that I may speak with you, and suddenly enables Ezekiel to stand through the power of His Holy Spirit.

     We must rise up and listen to Jesus today. He is calling and says stand that I may speak with you. He is calling while we are lying on the ground from fainting over our circumstances or our seeming inability to do something that God is asking. We feel weak. We say all these things are to much for me. I am of no importance. I am insignificant. I have no power to stand for God or to even stand up in my circumstances.
     Jesus says rise that I may speak with you and just as He said that to the lame man who suddenly received strength to stand, so also will He give us strength to stand! His Holy Spirit will enter into us with new life and victory and bring songs of rejoicing bursting from our hearts!


     Today in your prayer time the Lord calls and says, “Son (or daughter) of man, stand on your feet that I may speak with you!” Expect that as you begin to pray that He will suddenly give you new life by His Holy Spirit and you will be able to rise up and speak with Him person to person. He will raise you up and make you into a son or daughter of God this day. Expect that He will radically change you this very day! Seek Him earnestly and you will find Him! Call on His Name and He will hear you! Lift up your voice today and say Jesus I want to be like You with all my heart! Please raise me up today!

     Jesus will make us brand new in every area of our lives. Victory over our old lives is in His hand. He will conquer all our fears. He will give us strength to walk victoriously in the way He has called us. May we seek Him with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength today!

-Seth



No comments:

Post a Comment