Thursday, February 26, 2015

In Love With God - lesson 6

In Love With God - lesson 6

The only thing that I want for this semester 
is for us to be in love with and on fire for God


     Today I had an interesting thought. I was praying, “Jesus help me to respond with Your heart.” And I was thinking, I only know the words You would say in this situation but I don’t know how to have the depth of their meaning in my heart. This brought to my attention my little niece who is learning to talk right now. She learns the words but doesn’t really know what they actually mean. She can say, “I love you” and it melts my heart even though I know she doesn’t really understand the words. I was thinking, “We can read Jesus’ words and repeat them in the appropriate situations and it probably melts God’s heart to even though He to knows that we don’t fully understand them, but His heart is glad that we desire to copy His words, and repeat them after Him. He is glad that we desire to copy Him as He slowly brings us into the fullness of their meaning as we grow in Him. My niece knows  that you give a hug and say I love you so she even knows the appropriate place to use the words. We to can use Jesus’ words in the appropriate places and pray that He grows us up on the inside so that our heart matches with the words and the occasion.

     This is just a neat example of how even trying to begin to be like Jesus when we know that we are probably not fully understanding what we are trying to do for Him, is still the best way we can go forward. So when the devil comes to accuse us that we are hypocrites and our lives don’t match our words, or when he says that we aren’t good enough to help others, we can step back and say, “Jesus please grow me up soon, and in the mean time I want to do what You do and say what You say even though I don’t fully understand. You are my roll model and I want to be just like You when I grow up.” I’m quite sure that saying that one sentence will melt God’s heart and cover a multitude of failures.  :)

     God is calling us into a close relationship with Himself and this is just one more of the hindrances that we can overcome with the simple key of loving the Lord with all our heart. That key will unlock every door that will ever try to stand in the way of our Christian walk and gives us the ability to cross every barrier we will ever face. To love the Lord with all our heart, mind, soul and strength, is the foundation stone from which everything else builds off of and without it everything that tries to be built on our lives, will have to be torn down because it will not stand the test of time and trial. Loving the Lord with all our heart is such a simple statement but it is the hard won victory that must take place in order for our lives to move forward as fast as possible in the right direction.


     Let us press forward into the Lord our God with all earnestness today! He is worth it!

-Seth



No comments:

Post a Comment